Wednesday, December 6, 2017

25 Days God Given Gifts - Day 6 - WISDOM


25 Days of God Given Gifts
Day 6 ~  WISDOM
If any of you lacks wisdom,
you should ask God,
who gives generously to all without finding fault,
 and it will be given to you. 

James 1:5

James 1:5 tells us if we don’t have wisdom, and ask God in faith, He’ll give it to us generously.  Knowing God through His word, the Bible, is Biblical wisdom.

God will reveal truth and understanding to us through his word, if we seek it. 
We speak to God through prayer, God answers us through His word. The Bible is God’s letters to us.  

When my grandson was a preschooler, I remember pushing him around a store in a shopping cart. He sang without reservation:

The B-I-B-L-E,
Yes, that’s the book for me,
I stand alone on the Word of God,
The B-I-B-L-E.

I actually can remember his mother (my daughter) doing the same thing at that age. He sang that song over and over using different intonations each time he sang it. I never grew tired of hearing his little voice sing.


It's never too early to start reading the Bible to children, and it's never too late to start reading one as an adult. If you don't know where to start, read in the New Testament - Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, known as the four Gospels.

I’ll close today with the words of Evangelist D.L. Moody and his perspective on reading the Bible.  You can hear the enthusiasm for God’s word in Moody’s writing:


The Bible is one book that you can never finish with. It is like a bottomless well; you can always find fresh truth gushing forth from its pages.  The flowers of God's garden bloom not only double, but sevenfold; they are continually pouring forth fresh fragrance.  I thank God there is a height in the Book that I have never been able to reach, a depth that I have never been able to fathom.

Evangelist D.L. Moody,   (1837-1899)




This link will take you to a free pdf that goes along with this series. 25 Days God Given Gifts & Scripture 

These images I post are free for personal use, ministry use, or for gifting. Not to be sold. If you share the images on your blog, a link back would be appreciated. Please do not copy my entire posts to your blog. Thank you. 

If you'd like to receive an email each time I post, you can sign up here: 

You can also follow through my facebook page here:Little Birdie Blessings - Facebook

Thank you for following this series.


3 comments:

  1. "We speak to God through prayer, God answers us through His word."

    Excellent teaching, Abby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how darling that little grand must have been singing. I imagine you have years ahead of listening to little voices sing God’s truth. Jakob used to love singing, but seems to have stopped. He can still preach a sermon, though, and one never knows when that will happen. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is some good wisdom. Blessings on your day, Teresa

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.