Saturday, May 7, 2011

In the Garden

Happy Mother's Day weekend my friends.  I've been working on a graphic for you today and I hope you'll be pleased.  I've chosen a hymn written in 1912 titled In the Garden.  It's quite popular and loved by many, including myself.  Here are the lyrics.

I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The Son of God discloses.

He speaks, and the sound of His voice,
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.

I’d stay in the garden with Him
Though the night around me be falling,
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling.

Chorus
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.


I'm quite pleased with how this turned out.  This is free for you.  Don't forget to click on the image for a larger size, right click and save to your computer. 

Hymn Graphic Free for You

The background for today's graphic came from Bumble Buttons Blog. You'll find wonderful free vintage images there.  I thought the vintage floral background gave this the perfect touch it needed.  The hymn itself was scanned from an old hymnal in my collection. 

I thought I'd share a picture with you today of my mother, my daughter and myself taken at my daughter's wedding about 5 years ago.  I'm thankful we all live in the same town and see each other on a regular basis.  We had a new baby born into our family this week, making this my mother's sixth great-grandchild.  Happy times.  

My mother, me, and my beautiful daughter Bethany
I hope you enjoy your weekend, sad for some who have lost their moms, or even their children.  Focus on the blessings for the day, they will be there I'm sure.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Abby, the hymn graphic is beautiful, thank you for taking the time to create this! The photo of your mom, you and daughter is so pretty. What a beautiful treasure.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. The family wedding photo depicting 3 generation of women is so sweet. The day must have been wonderful. Have a Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! It's one of my all time favorites. I'll be printing this one to frame for sure. What a lovely picture of three generations on a very happy occasion. I can tell you are all very close. Have a wonderful Mother's Day, Abby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful hymn graphic thank you this is just what I needed for the box I´m painting and making vintage, with music, birds and so on.
    Beautiful photo of you and your mother and daughter what a treasure for you to have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful, thank you! This was a favorite hymn of my mother's (and mine, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My sister Diana passed away in 2007 from colon cancer. We were very close & I miss her everyday. At her funeral..one of her friends stood up & sang In the Garden..which is my favorite hymn. I had no idea she was going to sing this song.It was like my sister took my hand & told me she would always be with me. God bless & hold your loved ones close.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are blessings to my day.